The fact is this: about 71 per cent of the Earth’s surface is covered in water and the remaining 29 per cent consists of continents and islands. With water bodies constituting a huge percentage of our planet’s ecosystem, it becomes apparent that we should pay more attention to the health of our oceans. To raise awareness of the importance of marine conservation, Italian luxury watchmaker Panerai and Singapore-based lifestyle brand Razer are co-hosting an interactive pop-up at Ion Orchard Singapore.
Dubbed “Make Time For Our Ocean”, the pop-up not only aims to engage watch enthusiasts and gamers alike, but also put to the fore the pressing issue of ocean conservation. Having been a brand that has strong ties to the marine world (Panerai watches were used for the Italian navy and its specialist diving corps), it is constantly looking for new ways to educate its community about ocean preservation.
Similarly, Razer is well-known for its efforts in the area of sustainability and conservation. The company has started the #GoGreenWithRazer movement and made a long-term commitment to help preserve nature and protect the environment —the aim is to ensure a cleaner, greener world for the future generation. It is galvanising its community to make a difference through various green initiatives. Razer’s partnership with Panerai also marks the first time a luxury watch brand has teamed up with a notable lifestyle gaming company.
At the “Make Time For Our Ocean” pop-up, visitors will be introduced to the new Luminor Quaranta Razer Special Edition and other iconic timepieces from Panerai. To further highlight the importance of ocean conservation, visitors are encouraged to play the “Plastic Hunt” game designed by Razer, which is themed on saving manta rays by shooting down floating plastics. The top scorer of each week will stand to win prizes from Panerai and Razer.
Speaking more about this month-long pop-up, Jean-Marc Pontrué, CEO of Panerai, shares: “It is exciting to be able to work with Razer to bring forth creative and influential ways to educate and elevate awareness on ocean preservation. This is our continuous commitment to the environment and a demonstration of our innovative approach not just in watchmaking but also in initiatives where the community plays an essential role in protecting our Earth.”
“The alliance between Razer and Panerai has built up a lot of excitement within both the gaming and watch communities,” said Min-Liang Tan, CEO and co-founder at Razer. “This collaboration is driven by our shared values in conservation and protecting the planet. In the marine conservation space, Panerai has a clear expertise, and we look forward to more exchange in knowledge to bridge our respective communities.”
The pop-up will be open to the public from 8 to 28 February 2023, from 10am to 10pm daily, at Ion2 (Level 1 Outdoor, Ion Orchard), click here to sign up for a slot. The Luminor Quaranta Razer Special Edition watch is retailing at $12,100, available exclusively at the Panerai Ion boutique in Singapore.
This article originally appeared on LUXUO.